After a few hours of frantic code staring, pizza and way too much cola. Behold!
I have worked through all of your emails, comments and forum posts. I think I squashed all reported issues. Which came down to a version increment mismatch for most issues.
- [fix] Unserialized warning on some dashboards
- [fix] Empty Objects for disabled adverts
- [fix] Empty Objects for the AdRotate info dashboard
- [fix] Block sizes incorrectly calculated
- [fix] Ads showing up as expired while they’re not
- [fix] Too much ads per block
- [fix] Disappeared ads
Turns out, despite endless testing, that it was not enough. The version increment on the database which I believed was version 20 and onwards turned out wrong.
- A lot of users somehow had AdRotate database version 22 (how?) Thus a few upgrades for the database were not ran. I have moved these changes to version 26 which will correct the missing pieces.
- Blocks had a tiny overhaul to now properly count the amount of adverts.
- Some random typos corrected which fixes; Errors about unserialized data, restores click tracking, makes disabled adverts show up properly.
Typos? Yea… I know *slaps self* :(.
Important note for users of the free version of AdRotate:
If your ads have many schedules. Those adverts may show up as expired. This is because the free version does not take schedules in account. So if there are schedules starting at a later date. In AdRotate Pro and previous versions the advert was “healthy” and would just function. With AdRotate not looking at that and not having a schedule for right now the ad will show up as expired.
The best remedy, and to maintain the schedules, is to upgrade to AdRotate Pro. If you do not want that you have to edit and save each advert. This will remove the unused schedules.
AdRotate Pro users can download version 3.8.1 from their account.
Free users can download AdRotate here.